Saturday, August 8, 2009

Cooking, A Passion

I am very fond of cooking. It seems to me a great stress buster, a very relaxing exercise. I cook mostly on weekends. Even on a weekday after returning from office I love to do that if my mother spares me from the pity she has on me as I have spent a "whole" day in office. I feel that its a great art in itself same spices and ingredients mixed in different ways can produce drastically different tastes. But what however remains important to me is to cook with patience and love (for food actually) and not because you have to perform some duty. I am making malai kofta for dinner tonight. I would be sharing some of my tried and tested recipes as well so keep reading.

3 comments:

  1. Let me know how the kofta turned out, and I definitely want to learn the recipe. I had never really cooked anything significant before moving to US. But having stayed here for just over a year now, I am actually a little proud of myself, that not only can I now cook a decent meal, I also find it interesting to enter the kitchen! Hey, I gotta taste your cooking sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. not perfect but edible :) Tu India aa jaa kisi din plan banayega...i hope u hv a medical insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kavita: yaar tune miss kar diya tha, Aarti n I went n had a lovely lunch cooked by her. vaise India jaane se pehle yahaan aao to meri cooking bhi taste karne ka mauka milega. n don't worry, my husband n I have been eating it for three months now :P

    By the way, aajkal I am also discovering that it is fun to enter the kitchen and cook new stuff :)

    ReplyDelete